Saturday, March 13, 2010

I Want One!

So the iPad is almost ready (available April 3) and so am I! I'd love to have one. I'll probably wait for the second version.  Like most technology, it will probably be faster, cheaper and better.   Still, I'm excited! 

But here's something REALLY exciting. The "One Laptop Per Child" initiative is showing this prototype of a device it is promising by 2012. And the price? Less than $100. Sign me up! 

Created with flickr slideshow.
 

Designed by Yves Behar's Fuseproject, the XO-3's new design features an all plastic tablet screen which is semi-flexible and extremely durable, and just like the original XO, the display can be optimized in both transmissive and reflective modes for indoor and outdoor lighting conditions. The XO-3 supports many use scenarios to fulfill kids’ learning needs: from horizontal book mode to portrait reading mode to multi-touch--so many hands can play and learn together on the same screen--to a full-touch keyboard and a back facing camera. Read more from the full press release.

No comments:

Post a Comment