Wednesday, January 27, 2010

TeachingBooks.net

Last week I mentioned the TeachingBooks.net webinars.  Today I attended both of them and all I can say is FABULOUS!  Thanks to TeachingBooks and SUNLINK, Florida schools have access to all the thousands and thousands and thousands of book and author related resources on their site until the end of this school year.

I've added a TeachingBooks.net search box to the sidebar so you can try it out.  Look for the authors and books you are reading for your genre assignments or others you are interested in.  You can login from the SUNLINK hame page, too.  I've provided via course mail more directions for access.



While I'm amazed at the number of resources, I'm also impressed with the training and support tools--handouts, slideshows, videos, bookmarks, and more that you can use to learn more about the resources and to inform your parents and teachers about all that TeachingBooks has to offer.  They even provide flyers that have been translated into 22 different languages to send home to parents!

If you missed the webinars, try one of the video overviews.  It's worth every minute of your time!

Don't miss this chance to explore TeachingBook.net.  And let's give a big virual THANK YOU to Nick Glass @ TeachingBook.net and the good folks at SUNLINK!  What a great gift!

No comments:

Post a Comment